Updated OUTDOOR Weekend Mass Schedule
PLEASE NOTE THE MASS TIME CHANGES!
Sunday: 8:30am, 10:30am*(*Live Streamed via our parish YouTube Channel). NO NOON MASS
Social Distancing Practices Are Still In Place
- ALL weekend Masses will be outdoors on the parish front lawn.
- The Grand Hall will be NOT be open.
- We have outdoor speakers so you will be able to hear Mass. You will also be able to receive Holy Communion.
- Everyone must bring their own chair, hat, umbrella, pop-up, sunscreen, water, etc./person. Please maintain a 6-foot physical distance from one another outside of family.
There is a three-fold approach around attending Weekend Masses:
1. Before You Arrive
2. As You Arrive and
3. While You’re Here.
1) Before You Arrive
Before you leave your front door, please do the following:
Make a Personal Health Assessment
We respectfully request that anyone who has a health condition that places them at risk, or anyone who has been exposed to the Coronavirus, remain home at this time. Also, we encourage those who are over 65 years of age to remain home as well.
Remember, we are now live streaming our 10:30am Sunday Mass on our parish YouTube Channel.
Also, the Bishop continues the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass.
Mask or face covering is recommended
It is recommended everyone over the age of 2 wear a mask or face covering during Mass. At this time, the parish will not be providing a mask or face covering. That is your responsibility.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY – NO WORSHIP AIDS ARE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR MASS
Beginning immediately, Bishop Timothy Freyer has directed parishes to no longer have worship aids available for weekend Masses.
Below is an excerpt from his email to Pastors:
Friday, July 3, 2020
From Bishop Tim Freyer
“The State of California has just issued revised directives regarding places of worship. The only substantial change bans congregations from singing at religious services. To discourage congregational singing, please:
· Have a maximum of one cantor (no choirs, ensembles, quartets, etc.)
· Ask the cantor not to gesture to invite the assembly to sing
· Do not project lyrics, distribute song sheets, etc.
· Do not sing or chant the presider’s prayers which will cause the assembly to respond by singing their response.”
We respectfully ask you to follow our Bishop’s directions and refrain from singing at Mass. Thank you
As You Arrive
• Please wear your mask or face covering as you exit your vehicle.
• Please keep physical distancing of 6 feet.
• Hand sanitizers will be available around the front lawn area.
• Hospitality Ministers will be available to assist you and answer questions.
• Please sit / maintain a 6-foot physical distance from one another outside of family.
While You’re Here
• No joining hands at the Our Father, or physical touch at the Sign of Peace, and the Cup for Holy Communion will not be offered.
• Holy Communion will be distributed after the final blessing.
• Hospitality Ministers will direct the way to the Holy Communion stations.
• Please do not congregate in the courtyard or the parking area following Mass.
• No donuts yet.